Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Finished projects

I finally finished the Wool Cassock!!! We had Bordermarch Autumn Melees this past weekend and I got it done on the road as is usual.

The weekend before I worked on getting all the button holes sewn on.  I have a really hard time getting the button holes even so have to mark everything up A LOT!

 The pattern called for the buttons to be 1" apart so that there would be over 150 buttons...That is entirely too many buttons for me to sew and for the man to button and unbutton as he needs to so I marked the holes 2" apart and ended up with about 68 buttons.
And then I marked the beginning of the hole and the end to give me some guidance while putting it on the machine.  I have issues getting the button holes too close to the edge so have to really mark the back edge.

 
Excuse the mess on the bed, we were unloading after camping and I forgot to get a picture of him wearing the garment (*smacks head*).  It looked really really good on and got lots of compliments, so it was very much a successful project!  I would like to add lucet cord as trim around the collar and the epaulets to add a little color so that may be a project over the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment