Thursday, January 19, 2012

Making Progress!!!

So I made some major progress on the wool jerkin I am making.  It is now all together finally after a ton of hand-sewing.  I looooove the way it's turned out, however it took a lot longer than I thought it would. 

I had to find a collar pattern from another doublet pattern and had to adjust it 1 1/2 inches for it to fit right.  At first when I attached it, I thought I'd need to redo it since the ends didn't come to the front of the jerkin, but after the man tried it on, I realized that it was perfect that way so that it wouldn't choke him or overlap itself when the jerkin is buttoned. 

The gold and light blue lucet cord just looks fantastic against the teal of the wool.  I'll need to get a picture of him wearing the whole outfit in the sunlight to get better lighting.  To finish this thing, I just need to hand sew the lining at the arm holes and add buttons.  I'll be doing the button holes tomorrow afternoon so that it can go with me to Round Table on Saturday to be completely finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment