Sunday, January 1, 2012

Men's shirt and Pants

So a few weeks ago I went to a friend's house to get help with a new shirt pattern and pants pattern for the man.  She has a husband who only wants period pants so she knows all the tricks of the trade.  I've had so many problems in the past with in consistent crotch lengths and waist fit issues.  I can't help that he gains and losses weight but the pants are either waaay too big or waay too small so it's hard for him to wear several pairs.  I have finally nailed down the crotch and leg length and just need to correct the waist band.  These venetians were also extremely easy to make and will take no time to repeat as needed.

Next on my list is the wool jerkin/linen doublet.  I need to cut out the wool portion of the jerkin (top piece, also referred to as a doublet) mark up where i want the lucet cord to go and hand sew it on.  I need to have this whole project done by the beginning of February so that I can make a german dress for myself in preparation for Gulf Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment